We did further investigation and can tell you that we didn’t give enough information as to our location. With so many Rocky River schools we decided you would need to know the county since they all were in different counties. We are located in Union County. Warning…… Be careful though there is an Union County, North Carolina and South Carolina.
We are located in one of the 100 counties in North Carolina. Virginia is to the north, Tennessee is to the west and South Carolina is to the south. Georgia is the fourth state that borders us to the southwest.
More about our location.. Locate us on google maps. Hints…… Look for Monroe, North Carolina, Union County or Rocky River Elementary School
- Did you find us?
- What can you tell us about the area we live in from google maps?
- Is it rural, suburban or urban? What do you see nearby?
- Are we close to the ocean?
There are 3 regions Mountains, Piedmont and Coastal Plains. We are learning about the mountain region now. Can you find the answers to these questions? If so let us know.
- How does our mountain region compare to other places in the world?
- What can you do there?
- What places can you see?
- What are the names of our oldest river, highest mountain, and highest waterfall?
- Why did the early settlers settle in the mountain region?
- Where did they come from originally?
- What makes the mountains of NC a tourist destination for world travelers?