How does the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, France and Canada Compare with the US? Physical Features and Land Area

Remember you can’t tell by these maps you’ll probably  need  to research the answers.

• North Carolina is one of the 50 states in the US?  How big is it compared to California, Virginia,  or any other state ?  What landforms are alike?  Are  there different ones in the state you live in?
  • Is North Carolina bigger or smaller than these place……. Yorkshire?  Queensland? Quebec? Western Australia? Ontario? Auckland? Christchurch? Wellington? York?  Lancashire?  New South Wales?  British Columbia?  Waikato?  Catalonia?  Dublin? Galway, Scotland? London? Doncaster?
  • Do any of these places have a similar land area?  If so which ones?
  • Which has the  smallest land area?
  • Which has  the largest land area?
  •  What physical features can be found there?
  • What do people do in the different areas of each location?
  • Is the weather similiar or different right now?  In July?

2 thoughts on “How does the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, France and Canada Compare with the US? Physical Features and Land Area

1. England 93,000sq miles, NC 48, 700 sq miles so England about twice as big.
    North Yorks 3,000 Sq m.

Population NC 9,500,000
    Population Yorks 600,000
    Population England 51,000,000

What a lot of space there is in North Carolina!

Mr E
    Hawes

• You certainly are fast. I just got the post finished a few minutes ago. I do have a question for you what is the difference in the terms England and Great Britain? I notice reference using both terms. I know the UK covers other places.