Special Friendships Across the Seas

We established a sister school agreement last year with Middleham , Mrs. Monaghan and students in A Room with a View in North Yorkshire, England.   We had a lot of fun blogging, sharing the same books, and skyping during the year.   We hope to continue that special friendship this year with a new group of students.   A few days ago we received our third post card this time from Venice and Mrs. Monaghan.

•  We wonder how many miles did it have to travel?
  •   How many countries did it go through to get from Venice to North Carolina?  

Mrs. Monaghan and her family took off on a summer adventure of their own traveling by train through 8 countries.  They enjoyed seeing all the different places and people on their summer vacation.  On the postcard she talked about the beautiful sites and the delicous ice cream.

She likes challenges so her students received postcards from these 8 countries while she was traveling.    We wonder were they  able to figure out where she went.  Take a journey of your own and see where she has been by visiting their blog site at:  http://middlehampri2.posterous.com/

• Where would you like to travel if you could?

One thought on “Special Friendships Across the Seas

1. Hello Mrs Todd and Roadrunners!
    I hope you are all settled back into your new class – we start school next week and so we are READY TO GO!
    I’m glad that my postcard to Mrs Todd from Venice arrived. Venice is a city, but do you know which COUNTRY it is in, and which CONTINENT? Do you know any words in the language of that country? I bet you do, if you think hard!
    We’re looking forward to working with you soon!
    Mrs M