Maori Welcome Song

Where do you find the Maori language?  What do you know about the Maori culture?

Room 113 students had a chance on Thursday to learn a welcome song.   Ms. Lologa and her students  at New Town taught us the words to a new song as we skyped with them.

Tena Koe – Hello to one

Tena Korua Hello to two

Tena Koutou – Hello to all

Haere mai everyone, Welcome everyone

2 thoughts on “Maori Welcome Song

1. Dear Roadrunners
    What a very exciting Skype for you! I am interested in the times at which you were able to Skype – it is very hard for us to Skype with Australia and New Zealand as we are always in bed when they are at school (and vice versa).
    What a wonderful opportunity! Maybe you can sing it to us when we Skype with you! What other languages can you say greetings in? I will send Mrs Todd a link for a video we watched for our European Day of Languages, and you can learn some greetings that you would here over this side of the Atlantic!
    Mrs M
    A Room with a View

• Actually it was pretty easy. 🙂 The teacher is visiting the US as a teacher in the VIF program. We made contact last year and her school is about 5 miles away. She is from New Zealand which is impossible to Skype with. She is teaching second grade students about her home country and we just joined in. I will send you the link to her blog site.