Canned Food Drive

This week the students at Rocky River participated in a canned food drive to help the needy during the next few weeks.

Students shared about how it made them feel…

Emanuel said , “it was really great to be able to share with others who need help”

McKenna said  “it made her feel special to help others.”   She liked how she was able to help others in need.

Eric felt really special bringing in his contributions.

Nicole was excited to share her efforts toward the project.”  It made me feel good.”

The class decided they would like to do another project and after some discussion it was decided they they  bring in a book for the children’s hospital for sick children.   They are excited to do this project over the next few weeks.

3 thoughts on “Canned Food Drive

1. Dear Roadrunners,
    It’s great to see you helping others in your community. I like the idea of bringing in books for the Children’s hospital too. Perhaps they would like magazines as well… do you read many magazines? Do you have special magazines for children in the USA? Popular magazines in our class are NG Kids, Shoot, Dr Who, and Toxic. What magazines do you read?
    Mrs Monaghan

2. Dear Roadrunners,
    I’m Connor from Middleham School Class 2. It was a good idea to help other people. Sometimes in our school we help other people too.
    This week we were all wearing poppies for remembrance day. That is on 11th November. We remember the people who have given their lives for our country in wars, especially the 2 world wars. We donated money to the British Legion.
    At the end of this week we are having a talent show. Some people are telling jokes, singing and even performing magic tricks. Everyone has to come to school in their pyjamas, and we’re collecting money for Children In Need. I am going to tell some jokes. Here’s one: why did the banana go to the hospital? Because it wasn’t peeling well!!!
    Are you enjoying Quad blogging?
    Talk to you later!
    Connor
    Class 2

3. Hi Roadrunners

I have had a lot of fun Quad blogging. I hope we keep it touch. I hope we get to go this again. Bye for now.

Sam