It’s time for the 10th Edublog Awards and many wonderful blog sites could be listed for several categories so it was hard to pick just one for some of them.
The purpose of the Edublog Awards is promote and demonstrate the educational values of blogging and social media. It’s tough to decide who to nominate because you can only nominate one blog for each category and there are many, many super blogs to choose from worldwide and many could fit in multiple categories we felt. A Room with a View and Mrs. Monaghan (England) could go under several categories, Mrs. Yollis’s Class (California, USA) class could also go under many and Ms. Crowther and Upper Plenty (Australia ) fit under more than one category . All three of these teachers and classes demonstrate to others ways to incorporate social media with students. It was hard to decide where each fit the best! We edited them over and over and finally decided on our nominations for most categories. Then we had both Mr. Ross Mannell and Mr. Larry Ferlazzo we felt could have gone under either category. They both inspire teachers and students with their informative information. We constantly learn new things from both of them.
Our nominations are……….
- Best individual blog http://rossmannellcomments.edublogs.org/
- Best new blog http://upps45p.global2.vic.edu.au/
- Best class blog http://upps56jc.global2.vic.edu.au/
- Best student’s blogs- https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/BurravoePrimarySchool
- Best ed tech / resource sharing blog http://www.edutopia.org/
- Best library / librarian blog http://bellbulldogreaders.edublogs.org/
- Best individual tweeter @YollisClass
- Best free web tool http://animoto.com/
- Best educational use of audio / video / visual / podcast http://www.mathmovienetwork.com/
- Best educational use of a social network http://aroomwithaview.edublogs.org/
- Lifetime achievement— http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/
How can you make your blog site more appealing?
What makes a good blog site?
What is the best social media to use?