Tom reaches Cape Town

Tom has traveled through Sudan.  He has traveled along the Nile River.  Tom makes a friend in a village and accepts the companionship offered from his family.  He finds new foods to try and experiences new cultures.   He followed the Blue Nile to Lake Tano in Ethiopia where he takes a swim and washes his clothes that are so dirty from weeks of travel.

We were so excited when Tom gets to South Africa.  He travels a long way through South Africa before he reaches Cape Town and the ocean.  Do you know which ocean he saw?South Africa Once again he meets a lady guard that tells him how dangerous Africa is.   Tom disagrees with what she said and laughs .  She hasn’t had anyone laugh at here before and she feels she is an important person.  Tom thinks she should meet the first guard that told him how dangerous Africa is and thinks they will get along good.  Tom feels good about his efforts and thinks about all the great adventures and people he meant along the way.   Tom learned a lot about other people and their cultures and their perspectives about things.  Tom made many friends along the way.

Tom accomplished some of the journey he wished to but has many more miles to go in order to ride his bike around the world.  How will he get from Africa to  his next adventure  through South America?  We’d love to know but we aren’t sure the next book has been published yet.

boy who biked the world

We would like to recommend this book to you.  We enjoyed hearing it every day and couldn’t wait to hear more about his adventures.  It was like we went along for the ride too!

We wonder if he will see the Amazon River, the Amazon Rain Forest, the mountains, the beaches, and the amazing animals in South America.  What about Colombia and the people there? Will he find new friends and new foods he likes.   Will he go to Peru or Brazil?  Will he see this site?machu (275x183)

Where is it and what is it called?  Will he see Mexico?  Some of our friends come from there.

• If you could write the next part of Tom’s journey what would it be?
  •   What dangerous would he encounter?  
  • What would be the best part of his journey?
  • Where should he go while in South America and Central America?

One thought on “Tom reaches Cape Town

1. Hi Mrs Todd and Roadrunners,
    I like your idea of thinking about where he should go next. I think South America would be a very interesting continent to cycle through, and I have always wanted to visit the ruins in your photo. I’d go to Lake Titicaca as well, as it is the highest freshwater lake in the world, and I would go to the Atacama desert, the driest place in the world. I have a friend who was born and brought up there, I can’t even begin to imagine what that must have been like except that it would be the polar opposite of North Yorkshire!
    I shall be interested in reading your ideas of where you think he should go next.
    Your friend,
    Mrs Monaghan